Thoughts on Movies

20:31, Posted by Q's Leagal Plea of Insanity, No Comment


I’m sure you have all noticed some of the commonalities you see in every movie.

For example, every cop movie involves a divorced cop, has 24 hours to solve the case and is about to get kicked off the force. No? How about the commonality of the L-shaped covers, where the covers go to the guy’s waist yet somehow cover the lady upto her “what-whats.”

Ya I’m sure you’ve read about these in emails or noticed them yourself on movies or tv shows.

Well here is one that I think I have noticed for years but not read anyone else bitching about it so allow me to take this rant on my own little tangent, I call it… back to drama.

Ever notice that as soon as a character is about to reveal a deep dark secret about themselves or talk about a scarring moment in their lives, they always turn their back to the person they are talking to and stare out a window or into nothingness? It always goes does something like this:
Peter: How come you have a fear of penguins?
Jane: Well (as she turns her back to Peter and looks out a window), it all started…

Honestly what is that? When was the last time you were talking to a friend of yours and they turned around so you could talk to their back as they let their hearts flow? I know I wouldn’t do that, not only is it disrespectful to the person you are talking to, it is also dangerous. Dangerous? Yes dangerous! You are in danger of getting knocked out with a fish bonker, dragged out to the nearest farm and left in the stall with the bull that is in heat.

Hell if someone ever did that while we were talking trying to make a dramatic moment of it, I would follow through with three things that would teach them not to get dramatic!

They would follow as such:
a) Knock 'em out with a fish bonker
b) Take 'em to a manure farm
c) Let the animals do their business
d) Hell , I’d help the animals out too!

Ignorant heifers!

No Comment